- Who are we?
- What personal data do we process about you?
The personal data we process includes but not limited to the following:
- Account details and related contact information
- Postal address
- Telephone or fax number
- Email address and other identifying addresses for electronic communications
- Date of birth
- Details from passports and other government or state issued forms of personal identification
- Telephonic or electronic recordings
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, google tags and other technologies
- Demographic information
- Survey responses and similar information which reveals views and preferences
We and our service providers collect the above information in a variety of ways. This includes from you directly and: Through (a browser or device, using cookies and similar technologies, and from third parties).
We also collect your personal data from third parties sampled as the below:
- from our group companies (whose identities can be found in the link in the 'Who do we share your personal data with?)' section below.
- from publicly accessible sources, including publicly available online profiles and databases e.g. to establish and verify your identity, to find out your contact details to supplement the contact information we have about you and to liaise with you in relation to our products and services.
We use your personal data:
- to perform our contract with you or to take steps linked to a contract, such as servicing your account.
- to pursue our legitimate interests which do not override your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms, such as:
- to operate and administer our website and apps;
- to provide products and services to our clients and to communicate with you and/or our clients about them;
- improving and developing the products and services we provide;
- providing information to you about our and/or our group companies services and products or anything else (e.g. additional products and services) that we think may be of interest to you/our clients (this information may be provided to you in the form of a digital advertisement and campaigns or via email or SMS)
- to identify which products or services we think you are interested in by using cookies on our website which track and analyze how you use our website;
- keeping a record of your communications with us for the purposes of your relationship with us and the services we provide;
- administration, assessment and analysis purposes;
- to check and verify your identity;
- to monitor and analyze the use of our products and services and website and apps for system administration, operation, testing and support purposes;
- to manage our information technology and to ensure the security of our website, apps and systems;
- to establish, exercise and/or defend legal claims or rights and to protect, exercise and enforce our rights, property or safety, or to assist our clients or others to do this; and
- to investigate and respond to complaints or incidents relating to us or our business, to maintain service quality and to train staff to deal with complaints and disputes;
- to check compliance with and enforce our terms and conditions or other contractual terms; and
- in relation to any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business;
- to comply with our legal obligations laid down in laws applicable to us including applicable regulations, market rules, any other legal authority in Egypt or in any other jurisdiction where we (or any of our affiliates) may operate; and
as explained in the Cookies and Similar Technologies section below. We obtain your consent for the use of non-essential cookies. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. By not providing consent or withdrawing your consent, certain aspects or features of our website may not be available to you. The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
In order for us to provide you with certain services, including but not limited to lending and financing services, which require us to process your personal data due to regulatory and legal requirements (for example KYC and AML) the provision of information is mandatory.
If relevant data is not provided to us, then we will not be able to provide you with the full range of our services meaning that our services may only be offered with a limited scope or not at all. All other provision of your information is optional.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the Website or the service providers’ systems to recognize your browser, capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.
Where we process data for: (i) registration purposes, (ii) support purposes or (iii) in order to customize your website experience, we keep this data for the duration of the period where you are a user and for an additional five-year period from when you cease to be a user.
Where we process data for marketing purposes we will do so unless we receive a request from you to stop. We will hold a record of such data for five years from when you request us to stop.
Where we send direct marketing materials to you, we send your personal data to third parties with whom we have contracted to provide these materials to you on our behalf and in our name.We also share your personal data with:
- service providers, who provide a service to us or you,
- their service providers, delegates, and agents; and
- other entities within Beltone group of companies affiliates for the following purposes:
- to enable you to receive the services provided by our affiliate entities which may cover different financial services or be in different jurisdictions to those that we cover;
- to allows us to improve the services that we provide across the group; and
- to allow us to produce analytical reports reflecting the services provided throughout the group.
- regulators, auditors, courts, the police, or other law enforcement agencies where we are legally obliged to do so;
- to other persons where disclosure is required by law or to enable products and services to be provided to you or our clients; and
- our professional service providers (e.g., legal advisors, accountants, auditors, insurers, and tax advisors) where relevant.
If it becomes relevant, we will share your personal data with a potential buyer and their advisers in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business.
- You have the right granted to obtain from us the confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed. You can contact us at any time to claim this right.
- You have the right to request the information that is currently being processed by us. You can also ask us for the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned; the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organizations; where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period; the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data, or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject, or to object to such processing; the existence of the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source.
- You have the right to let us know when your information changes, and the information we have on file is no longer accurate. Considering the purposes of the processing, you shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including using providing a supplementary statement.
- You have the right to request the erasure of personal data without undue delay.
- You shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which was provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- You shall have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you. We shall no longer process the personal data in the event of the objection, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of you, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data at any time.
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate
interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in data protection laws. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details on website.
- How can you contact us?
- Your Consent